Okay, okay already... here we are in the world of technology trying to be as savvy as the rest of you. I realize it's a pathetic attempt, but hey-at least I'm trying. I dedicate this page to my sweet sister in California and my dear friend from Westbrook road because without your nagging, I mean, encouragement this may never have come to fruition. As with all of you, this has been a BUSY year (the last few months of 2008 included). We sold our home in Kaysville to get closer to Ebay (in Draper) and moved into Grammy Johnson's basement until we could find a home. After months of frantic searching we finally found our dream home. Granted, we faced a few obstacles in purchasing it, and it needed LOTS of love, but miraculously it all worked out. For 2 months we lived in the basement of our new home while hordes of loving family and friends came to help us remodel. Eventually we were able to move upstairs and in January finally put the finishing touches on our last big project-the kitchen. We love it here in Sandy. Our ward and neighbors have been so welcoming. The kids are getting used to and excelling at school and Rex even comes home for lunch some days-YEAH!!! We LOVE having more time with Rex and our hard work has been in most ways, fun and rewarding. So now we're concentrating on getting established and finishing up odds and ends-not to mention the jungle out back. Rex is still at Ebay and teaching in Elders Quorum. I am full time mom, bear den leader and have taken on a part time job from home (whew). Tanner is doing so well in school, it was hard at first, but he's making lots of new friends and really feeling at home. Cole is a super reader and does so well in kindegarten. Sophie is my little friend and companion when they're both gone-and yes she is a princess (dress required!). So that's us for now. I'll try to stay constant and update this thing every now and then. Be patient, it's still in the works. Love to you all!
After much nagging and pestering from family and friends-here it is. Not fancy, not even that great really...but we hope it takes some of the "missing" from our families far far away. Hope you enjoy our adventures!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
We're Here!
Okay, okay already... here we are in the world of technology trying to be as savvy as the rest of you. I realize it's a pathetic attempt, but hey-at least I'm trying. I dedicate this page to my sweet sister in California and my dear friend from Westbrook road because without your nagging, I mean, encouragement this may never have come to fruition. As with all of you, this has been a BUSY year (the last few months of 2008 included). We sold our home in Kaysville to get closer to Ebay (in Draper) and moved into Grammy Johnson's basement until we could find a home. After months of frantic searching we finally found our dream home. Granted, we faced a few obstacles in purchasing it, and it needed LOTS of love, but miraculously it all worked out. For 2 months we lived in the basement of our new home while hordes of loving family and friends came to help us remodel. Eventually we were able to move upstairs and in January finally put the finishing touches on our last big project-the kitchen. We love it here in Sandy. Our ward and neighbors have been so welcoming. The kids are getting used to and excelling at school and Rex even comes home for lunch some days-YEAH!!! We LOVE having more time with Rex and our hard work has been in most ways, fun and rewarding. So now we're concentrating on getting established and finishing up odds and ends-not to mention the jungle out back. Rex is still at Ebay and teaching in Elders Quorum. I am full time mom, bear den leader and have taken on a part time job from home (whew). Tanner is doing so well in school, it was hard at first, but he's making lots of new friends and really feeling at home. Cole is a super reader and does so well in kindegarten. Sophie is my little friend and companion when they're both gone-and yes she is a princess (dress required!). So that's us for now. I'll try to stay constant and update this thing every now and then. Be patient, it's still in the works. Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah for you Liz!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to see that you did this. I have been dying to see pics of your family. You are the best. Man I miss you and can't wait to see you at the end of July. Your kids are growing too fast and I don't know how you juggle everything. You sure have been a trooper through it all! Thanks so much for starting this. It helps me feel a little closer to home! (Glad your sourdough is working and your house is beautiful!!! I'm jealous);O)
ReplyDelete