The Jensen Family

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grandpa finally talked us into taking home chickens. The bunny hutch made a great coop and I built a decent run with my own bare hands (Rex would rather have nothing to do with this latest project-bad experience with chickens as a child). The kids each got to pick one out and name them; Sparkles, Lil' Ann (we just read Where the Red Fern Grows, and Fluffy (and Harry Potter).

Our garden is growing so well thanks to all the rain. I've picked and picked our lettuce and spinach. I think the neighbors purposefully ignore the doorbell when I come with bags of greenery. Meanwhile we've concocted some fabulous salads and they just keep coming...



The triumphal return of our missionary brother-HOORAY!! We missed Bry while he faithfully served the Lord in Eugene Oregon. He came back all growed up. Jack was so excited to meet him. And how cool was it to have Uncle Chris and Aunt Brittany show up for the big Hoorah.





Rex loves coaching our boys rec league. Both boys did awesome and had so much fun. What a cool thing to have your dad as your coach. So through rain, sleet and hail we watched our boys take down the competition, or on rare occasions be taken down. But either way there's snacks at the end...totally worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss your cute family! Way to go on the chicken coop and I'm jealous of your beautiful garden. The slugs have been eating my lettuce and the spinach didn't come up (again) this year. I think I am a pitiful gardener, but I'll keep trying. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete